Friday, May 25, 2007

Roadhouses and Dance Halls

As you have probably seen with some of my previous posts I do like an instrumental and I think they come no better than today's two track offering. I shall begin with Lonnie Mack, the man with the 'flying v' guitar, the man from Indiana who gave us 'The Whammy'. This 1963 recording on Fraternity Records appears on the 1999 Ace Records compilation 'Memphis Wham !' that features some vintage Lonnie singles and unreleased nuggets .

Next up is Lord Dent & His Invaders, this group recorded out on the East Coast of America for Golden Crest Records and again I think this was recorded around 1963. The track can already be found on various instrumental CD/LP releases but I have showcased it from the Norton Records compilation 'Wolf Call' that features rarities from the Golden Crest label.


Lord Dent & His Invaders - The Greaser

No comments: