Monday, January 19, 2009

Birthday Cake Boogie


Well it was my birthday last week and so filled with joy for all my fellow men and women I thought I'd get back in the saddle so to speak and post some tracks. Two are requests, these are Deke Dickerson and the 'Mighty' Barrence Whitfield who I have witnessed live a few times over the years and he is always a fantastic stage act. As the Barrence track had some 'Dust' in the title this then led me to decide on finding some more Dusty's for your listening pleasure.
Dusty Brown came to Chicago in 1946 and played harp on the West Side and recorded his track for Bandera Records in 1946. Dusty Owens came from Flint, Michigan and recorded for Admiral Records in 1957. Finally Dusty Rose was a DJ on KRNR and recorded his track for Fabor in 1956.


Enjoy....................................................



Barrence Whitfield and The Savages - Dust On My Needle


Dusty Brown - Well,You Know


Dusty Rose - Rockin' Maraccas


Dusty Owens - Hey Honey



1 comment:

The Wolfmen said...

Great, great selection - top work