Saturday, July 21, 2007

Hard Drivin' Men

Two tracks that get your toes-tapping but they were released around 13 years apart. Al Davis is the first in the queue with his 1963 release on Manco Records. The track re-appeared on the LP 'Vintage Rock N Roll Collector's Items Vol 3 then Germany's Buffalo Bop put it on their 1993 'Cool & The Crazy' compilation CD.

Now here's a confession, when I was growing up in a pre-Spunky Onion era, Southend-On Sea's Eddie & The Hot Rods were never off of my turntable. I loved their EP's especially 'Live At The Marquee' which was when I heard my first version of the classic 96 Tears, I then purchased their debut album 'Teenage Depression'. Recently I came across the single version of Horseplay which was the flip-side to their 1976 Island Records release 'Wooly Bully' and I think it's terrific.

No comments: